Enrolling in the BAA Program
Students admitted to the University of New Mexico, and interested in studying architecture are automatically considered architecture majors if they fill out enrollment forms, available during the first meeting with the Undergraduate Advisor as a part of New Student Orientation. UNM application forms are available online here.
Transferring to the BAA Program
We welcome transfers into the Bachelor of Arts in Architecture Program. Advanced standing will be determined based on the academic background of the applicant. UNM application forms are available online at www.unm.edu/apply.
Advanced standing is to be determined based on the academic background of the applicant. Transfer course work is evaluated for UNM equivalencies upon admission to UNM. Transfer students seeking advanced standing in the architecture curriculum should apply to UNM as early as possible to expedite this process. A portfolio is required for any courses where design or visualization content was created. A PDF copy of the portfolio may be emailed to the SA+P Advisement Office at email@example.com.
Transfer Application Deadline: June 15
This is a deadline for priority consideration. If spots are available, we will continue to review applications.
Undergraduate Admissions & Advisement Contact
Angela Pacheco, Advisement Supervisor
Deadline for Fall Semester:
For best consideration for possible scholarships and assistantships, please use the following dates:
- International Students: December 1
- Residents of U.S.: January 15
We will continue to review applications until May 31st, but cannot guarantee any slots will be open.
Should these dates occur on a weekend, the Monday following becomes the receive-by deadline. Our online application will allow you to upload all your necessary documents for application of the program of your interest. Within the application, make sure to click the Application Instructions to see program specific requirements.
Our online application will allow you to upload your required documents for application to the program of your interest. Program specific requirements can be found on the M.Arch Application Guideline and are listed below:
- Apply to UNM online.
- The non-refundable $70.00 Application Fee which can be paid online.
- Letter of Intent (Do not exceed 2 pages).
- Portfolio of creative work (View the M.Arch Application Guideline for specific requirements).
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- One unofficial Transcript from each academic institution previously attended.
- Course descriptions. Applicants who Have a BA in Architecture, but not from the University of New Mexico must submit course descriptions for all architecture classes completed. These can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sent to the Office of Admissions:
One official transcript (unopened) from each academic institution previously attended.
Office of Admissions
PO Box 4895
Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895
International Students also need to submit the following:
- An attested copy of your diploma
- One official transcript from each academic institution previously attended.
- English translation of official transcript
- Official TOEFL scores that must meet the University of New Mexico minimum of 79 on the IB TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS.
- Copy of passport
2120 Mesa Vista Hall
MSC06 3850, 1, University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Please identify which Master of Architecture Program of Study you are applying to: track 2, track 2.5, or track 3.
Note: GRE scores are not required.
Please note that if you are applying to the Track 3 Masters in Architecture Program, you will be expected to begin the program the July prior to your August start date for a one month introductory session.
When you fill out your UNM application, Track 3 students use the Fall semester as your application semester. If admitted, the department will back your application to a summer admission.
Graduate Admissions & Advisement Contact
Natalie Rowe, Graduate Advisor
Angela Pacheco, Advisement Supervisor